Sunday, March 30, 2008

Easter Letters

Here is a compilation of info from Elder Bubba's letters to Dad and me.
He seems to be doing well. Sister Bennett told me today that Brandice works at the MTC
and was trying to find out how he was. She found out about his being District Leader etc. but told her mom how impressed his Branch Presidency member was when he called him to be DL.
He said Clayton was so humble and concerned about being able to communicate better with his multi language companion in learning the language. He knew he would have to work hard to be strong for his companion, since his companion speaks English and Spanish with 6 years of studying French. He was promised that through his service as District Leader he would be able to learn the language faster.
Enjoy:

Time is flying by! Some of the elders in our district got their flight plans yesterday and that will be me in 3 weeks!

I love being here with all these great people! The spirit is always so strong and I love always having the spirit with me. French is coming well. I am teaching the first lesson on the restoration this Wednesday in French and that will last about 35 minutes so I am excited but nervous. Yeah, we have the same two teachers all 9 weeks. They are Frere (brother) Luke; he served in Toulouse France and just got home two months ago, and Frere Bayles. He served in Quebec. They are both way good and awesome teachers! Easter was different, but I am glad you got to think of the true purpose at sacrament. And we did have a meeting centered on Christ which was nice. Sorry I don’t write much, I just have no time and I only have 30 minutes on the computer. I am glad everything is going well and I love you very much.

I thought you both would like that article I sent Patty and I am glad you both
had to chance to read it. I love that book and I always like it when the
church relates doctrine to such good pieces of literature things for me
are going very well! Sorry I don't report much to you,
but there honestly isn't much to report. Every day I basically
do the same things: wake up at 6:30, study the Book of Mormon, Eat Breakfast,
do personal study, companion study, and classroom instruction, gym, and
lunch and dinner thrown in there. But the days are flying by and
I can't believe it has already been a month!
My classes are going well. The French is coming slowly but surely.
I teach the first lesson which is the Restoration of the Gospel in FRENCH
this next Wednesday, and it is supposed to be 35 minutes, so wish me luck.
So my French is coming along and I know the Lord will bless me to say the
things I need to say. But yeah, I pick up the mail twice a day for everyone,
and I just run all the meetings and stuff for my district. I love it being
able to serve everyone. I am definitely a leader not a follower.
 
But the McCain Romney thing cracks me up, I don’t get to talk much politics
but some of us do at laundry which is fun. Don’t worry about sending me
anything food wise! I get plenty. But just remember to keep me in your
prayers and remember how much I love you.
 
Love,
Elder Clayton H. Welch

3 comments:

mamasteph said...

Thanks for posting this! It's always nice to get an update. I know how busy he is and I figured we all wouldn't get letters/emails every week! That's what this blog is all about--sharing what we hear from him!!!

Trey said...

It's good to hear he's doing well! Let's hope it keeps going that way and that he doesn't convert too many people.... to Liberalism that is ;)

The Bombic said...

Nice one Trey. But don't worry, you'll be the next one we convert.