Friday, April 4, 2008

Mon fils-my son in French

I just received an email from Elder Bubba (Mon fils-my son in French),
It was great because he shared more info and I thought
I would quickly pass it on to all of you.


Hey Mom!
Thank you so much for the letters and the email, they are so nice to get and it
is always really nice to hear from you. I did get that package so thank you so
much. It had tons of stuff! Cinnamon Rolls, cookies, jerky, candy, chips and
dip, etc. It was great, thank you so much for thinking of me. The food here
has gotten a lot better and I am eating more fruit. It wasn't really my stomach
that hurt but it was just really bad heart burn. Its just from all the fried
foods that they have, like fries at every lunch and dinner. But it is not
nearly as bad now.
I am glad to hear everything is going well in Marshall. It really is a great
place, and I am glad you are finding happiness there.
Dad dearEldered me about Schwans, that is terrible, but hopefully it is just
what they need to get the company back on track because I do have a lot of
friends who's families rely on it so it would be nice to see it prosper once
again. Have they named a new CFO yet? Any other big news in Marshall?
The French is going better actually. And they are called lessons now, not
discussions, which is so much better. There are 4 of them, and you can teach
them however you want! They are awesome. They are in chapter 4 of Preach My
Gospel, check them out if you get a chance, they really are a testimony builder
and allow you to teach entirely by the spirit. But the first lesson in French
went well. My companion and I taught for 35 minutes in French and hadn't even
gotten through all of the lesson so it was good, and I know through being humble
and trusting the Lord it will come.
I was also going to tell you I am not the District Leader anymore, I am now the
Zone Leader, well my companion and I are, since zl's are always a companionship.
We are in charge of all the districts in our branch, 4 of them. So its more
work, but I know the lord will help me.
But yeah, I am typing fast so that is how I get it done. I am doing 6 emails in
all but 20 minutes of it is for you and Dad, because you are the most important.
I will write you a letter soon though because all we are doing for tomorrow and
Sunday is watching conference in the big auditorium where we have devotionals
every Sunday and Tuesday nights. All we are doing is watching conference, and
have time for personal study and writing letters in between, so I will try to
write you one.
But just remember how much I love you and how amazing of a women you are. I
love you mom and I hope to hear from you soon!
Love,
Your son,
Elder Clayton H. Welch

1 comment:

mamasteph said...

Thanks for posting--that's what this blog is all about! It's good to hear he is doing so amazingly well! But then again, we all knew he would, right?