Monday, March 10, 2008

Ist email from Elder Bubba

We got an email from Elder Bubba on Friday and wanted to share some of the info
with all
of you... he sounds great!



"I just got my email account set
up and as you can probably tell my email adress is
claytonhwelch@MyLDSMail.net.

I will have half an hour every week to e-mail everyweek while
at the MTC so you can expect this every week. But I just want you to
know that I am happy and this is truly what I want to do, and I know I
should be doing. I can't tell you how much I have been blessed with the
spirit since I have been here. It is amazing.

Well, today is P-day and I will tell you what I have done thus far. I
woke up at 6:30 this morning, which I do everyday. I know you will find
this surprising, but it hasn't been hard for me at all! And you know
what else hasn't been hard for me, not drinking coke/caffeine. I only
had one headache the first full day and haven't had one since. But
anyway, I woke up at 6:30 and got ready for the day. Since it is
preparation day I didn't have to wear a suit during morning activities.
Just jeans and a t-shirt, which is nice. So I got ready and then
grabbed a sack breakfast. I got a sack breakfast because you have to
wear a suit to go into the cafeteria and noone does when they have
preparation day. So I just went in and you can get 4 items for free and
then others are extra. So I got two dough nuts and a milk and an orange
juice. Then I went with my zone to do laundry which is chaos! But I
managed to get it done. Then I came back to my room and just studied a
little French and hung out with the some of the guys in my zone. Then,
I got dressed in my suit and went to lunch and then we went to the
temple. We have set time every Friday for our zone where we can go to
the temple so hopefully I can go at least seven more times before I
leave.

We wake up at 6:30, personal study til
7:30, then lunch, then class until noon, lunch, class until 5, then
dinner, then class til 9 then planning. Within that schedule is alotted
time for large group meetings, the TRC (where we go practice giving the
discusions), service, and Gym. It is really nice because we have an
hour of gym every day of the week but Sunday and P-Day, so 5 times a
week. I am actually down about a pound or to so I think I am doing
fine.
The food here is actually pretty good. Well, they usually taste really
good, but for the most part they upset my stomach a little bit. But I
hear you get used to it.

One really cool thing that happened this week was our tuesday night
devotional. Every Tuesday we have a general authority come speek to us,
and this last Tuesday was Jeffrey R. Holland! It was awesome! It was
the first apostle to come in like 9 weeks so we were lucky we came when
we did. He talked a lot about the role of a missionary and the creation
of Preach My Gospel, which is an amazing book by the way and I would
highly recommend you guys read a little bit of it as often as possible!
But, he told us that our 10 and 11 year old little brothers and sisters
think of us like heroes, like with a cape and everything. Then he said
we kind of are. Then, he started pretending to fly around at the pulpit
yelling, "look, there's danger!" It was awesome. It was such an
awesome experience and I am so glad I was able to hear it.

But most importantly I just want to hear from you so keep the letters
coming and I hope to hear from you soon. Tell everyone I say hey and I
love and miss them tons and that I am doing great! I love you guys and
I will talk to you soon!
Love,
Your Son,
Elder Bubba Welch"

1 comment:

mamasteph said...

Thanks for posting this. He sounds like he is having the time of his life!