Friday, March 28, 2008

Update

I emailed Bubba this week and let him know how beautiful I thought the song was he shared with mom, and shared with him another song I came across, while trying to find the original song's translation. (Have I lost you yet?) :) Anyways, he responded that this song is actually the one he wanted to share with all of us. (What I love, is that both songs are equally beautiful!) How lucky are we?
Here is the 2nd song.....

Souviens-toi, mon enfant (Remember, My Child)

Souviens-toi, mon enfant
Souviens-toi, mon enfant: Tes parents divins
te serraient dans leurs bras, ce temps ne’st pas loin.
Aujourd’hui, tu es là, présent merveilleux,
ton regard brille encore du reflet des cieux.
Parle-moi, mon enfant, de ces lieux bénis
car pour toi est léger le voile d’oubli.

Souviens-toi, mon enfant des bois, des cités.
Pouvons-nous ici-bas les imaginer?
Et le ciel jusqu’au soir, est-il rose ou gris ?
Le soleil attend-il la neige ou la pluie?
Conte-moi, mon enfant, la couleur des prés
et le chant des oiseaux d’un monde oublié.

Souviens-toi, mon enfant : A l’aube des temps,
nous étions des amis jouant dans le vent.
Puis un jour, dans la joie nous avons choisi
d’accepter du Seigneur le grand plan de vie.
Ce soir-là, mon enfant, nous avons promis
par l’amour, par la foi, d’être réunis.

English translation:

Remember, My Child
Remember, my child : not long ago,
your divine parents held you in their arms.
Today you are here, marvelously present.
Your gaze still shines with the reflection of heaven.
Talk to me, my child, about that blessed place,
because for you the veil is still thin.

Remember, my child, the forests, the cities.
Can we down here imagine them?
And the night sky, is it rosy or gray?
Is the sun waiting for snow or rain?
Describe to me, my child, the color of the meadows
and the birdsongs of a forgotten world.

Remember, my child: at the dawn of time,
we were friends playing in the wind.
Then one day in joy we chose to accept
the Lord’s grand plan of life.
That night, my child, we promised through love,
and through faith, to be reunited.


It is sung to the melody from Dvorak's "New World Symphony."
I tried to find the music for it, but couldn't. Unfortunately it is one of very few songs on the church's website that doesn't have the MP3 format. If anyone else can find it, please share! Thanks!

2 comments:

M {3 said...

I read where someone thought it was the 2nd movement of this symphony. It sounds like it could be, it is really beautiful. Thanks Steph for finding the right song.
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=-ENf4VEhI40&feature=related

We need to get Val a copy of the song so he can play it for us.

mamasteph said...

That's it Mom!!! Thanks for the link! Isn't it beautiful?