Monday, September 22, 2008

Getting colder

Salut
Commet va tu?


Trey's football game sounded like it was really fun and I am glad to
hear that
they are already off to another great year. Do you know
if they are ranked in
the state or not? That's funny that Trey played
with his helmet off; its funny
that that happened to both of us!
Its good though, it makes a good story to
tell. Well worth a fat lip.
I always hated doing those autographs after the
game though, haha.

Everything here is going very well. Switzerland is so much different
than
France! I love them both but I think I like Switzerland better
though. The
people are a little more closed surprisingly, but the
country is just so
beautiful and the people are just so great
when you get to know them.
It actually has been cold the last week.
It was crazy. It was hot one day,
making it necessary to wear
just a short sleeve shirt, and then the very next
day it was cold
enough for a sweater and a suit jacket. Its crazy
how fast the
temperature can change but I like the cold so it is good.
I think I am going to
go and buy that coat from C&A, a British store
I really like, after I finish my
emails. It is 100 francs, so just under
a 100 dollars.


Right now we have one baptismal date which has been changed to
the 12th because
of our inability to get him to church. We are
working really hard on changing
that and hopefully we can hit
our goal of having the baptism on the 12th.
We are adding a lot of
new amis, and I am trying my best to do the Lord's work to

the best of my abilities. As a person I fall short, but with the
Lord's help I
know I can find those people whom he has prepared.

I am currently serving with Elder Barber for a reason, and
that reason may very well be that I need to step up my French and
be a leader as
a missionary. He is just so different from my other
two companions, but I know
another attribute I am gaining from him
is patience which will be very
beneficial in the future.
But he really is a great missionary and I hope to see
the good work
bring us closer together.


I met the sweetest guy yesterday. He started yelling at us from his
window and
when I asked him what he does for work he invited us
up and he ended up being
this sweet surrealist painter! He was so rad!
We talked for a long time and
although he isn't to interested in the
gospel he gave me one of his sketches for
free; it is of him after leaving
the Vietnam war with just his backpack and the
mountains in the
background. It kind of reminds me of the little adventure I am

on now. I will try to send you a picture of it.

I really am happy and I do love doing this work.

I am glad you enjoyed the
pictures and I think I might send that card home here in a couple
of weeks. It
is filled up. I already have the 2 gb card you sent me
pops so no worries about
buying another.


Elder Clayton H. Welch





1 comment:

mamasteph said...

I think it's awesome that he is meeting all kinds of different people! He sounds like he is having the time of his life! I think it's funny that he thought he sounded boring! It's sounds busy to me! I'm glad he like Switzerland also. What an amazing opportunity he is having! I love him so much!