Sunday, October 5, 2008

Swiss Chocolate

I  am actually in Yverdon Switzerland 
right now for an exchange here the next few days
and also to go to a chocolate factory for preparation day.
haha, yes, that was my preparation day today. As a

zone, all 8 of us missionaries went to the Nestlé
chocolate factory in Brul (sp?) right next to Fribourg.
Travel time didn't allow for a whole bunch of

time there but we were still able to take the tour
and you will not believe it but at the end of the FREE tour,
all of it was free, there was all you could eat

FREE Swiss chocolate, fresh... oh my goodness.
It was like heaven in my mouth.

We will definitely make that a destination on our travels
if we decide to come back. But it was a really great day.
I will try to send you some Swiss chocolate soon.


Sorry I am not the best at answering questions.
It is much easier for me to
answer them if you put them
in like a question format, haha, sorry, its just
hard to go
back an forth. But here are some of the question you
asked and some
responses.

Are you still driving or just public transportation?
Public transportation. I
am probably on a train at least
one hour every day going through the amazing

suisse countryside.

How many members and is it a ward or branch?
There is a German speaking ward
which i believe is big,
but the french speaking branch has probably 20 members

with 10 couple missionaries. That is because the suisse
temple is in Zolikhofen
(sp?), just 20 minutes away,
so the french temple workers go to our branch. But

the branch is great.

Do you do much door knocking or are the members providing
enough contacts to
teach?
I do a lot of street contacts, visiting former investigators,
and some
doors. I prefer to talk to people in the street
although my companion doesn't.

Door knocking is easier, but I just feel stopping people
in the busy streets is
a lot more effective.

What’s the food like and do you get many dinners with
member families or mostly
cooking on your own.
I actually ate with 3 members this last week! haha, the

first three since I have been here. But they were way good!
We eat raclet
every district meetings every Tuesday
which is WAY good!


Is the scenery different – it looks like it is colder there than in Metz?
completely The scenery is way different. Switzerland and
France are different. I
think I prefer Switzerland, but cities are
just really small. I like big
cities. But it has been cold,
but when I wear a sweater and a suit jacket its

great. They didn't have my size in the jacket I wanted
so i had them order it so
I should be getting it this week.
Thank you for that.


But everything is way great! I love being a missionary.
It is a really kind of
surreal to me, but its a great opportunity.

The branch here is having a "cultural night" and want me to
talk about Minnesota. Could you maybe make me a bunch of special k bars.
Thanks again for all that you do and cheer Trey on for me at
the Homecoming

coronation and game!
Your Eternal Loving Son,
Elder Bubba

2 comments:

mamasteph said...

Doesn't the trip to the Nestle factory sound divine?!!! So jealous! :) I love that he is so happy!

Biggie T said...

What a great missionary. It is so awesome that he has had the opportunity to go to some many places already. I'm also glad he is happy. I did see that he must have bought the coat today so we don't have to be concerned he'll be too cold.