Monday, September 8, 2008

Qoui de neuf?

Qoui de neuf?  Whats up?  Thank you as usual for your great emails!
I loved
them! Before I write to much sorry for any typing errors.
I am used to the key
boards in France and the ones here are German.
It is actually just like the
American keyboard, but just has the y and
z switched. But it is still way hard!


Bienne is great! The language barrier really doesn´t exist: Everyone
seems to
speak either French or English. But it is way nice to
be in Switzerland. It is
such a beautiful country and everything
seems to be run very well, although,
everything is very expensive.
I did pull out 50 francs today to buy post cards
and stamps and
I may have to use some personal money for trains this week

because I have to get my train tickets reimbursed each week,
and I had to buy a
"demi-carte" which allows me to get half off
on all trains in Switzerland. We
take trains a lot, probably every
day for about 20 minutes because it is a lot

easier to do work in a little ville that is actually French.
That is because

for the most part the little towns outside of Bienne/Biel are either
one or the
other.

Yeah, my companion is pretty sweet. He is a lot different than me,
but that is
good. He has been out for a little over a year.
I am not going to lie, he is
really quite and kind of into animation
cartoons. I do feel like the senior
companion and do most of the
talking. Its good for me though. it will help
me out in the long run.
I really do like being the one pretty much in charge,

but that probably isn´t always good.The work here is already
going great! They already had a baptismal date set

when I got here, but that one is pretty week because
he doesn´t come to church.
But actually, last week, like my
second day here, a man started talking to use

in the gare, train station, and said he had talked with
missionaries in the past
but was unable to be baptised
because he was living with his girlfriend. He is

from the country Georgia, and that was actually 8 years ago.
We have been
teaching him all week and we actually fixed
a date for baptism for him on the
28th of this month!
His name is Emil and he is a great man. It is amazing the

many miracles I see each day. I love being a missionary.

Elder Clayton H. Welch

ps. I am mailing you some pictures today!


1 comment:

mamasteph said...

I love to hear about all of his experiences! He is an amazing missionary! I love that he is such a great leader!