Friday, April 11, 2008

More MTC Elder Bubba News

It is so great to sit here and suddenly receive
an email from Elder Bubba early today. His
spirit and enthusiasm have to make you smile:)
I will post the highlights and info he shared with us:


So, both of you had mentioned me getting my travel plans this week,
but I don't get them till next Friday, so I should be able to let
you know within my next email. I am guessing I will be leaving on
April 28th though, but that is just a guess. But I will be sure to
let you know when I will be receiving them.
I am so excited to talk to both of you! But don't expect to good
of French! Its crazy to think how quickly time has been flying by.
I can't believe I have been here for 6 weeks. It is a great place
to be, but I am just excited to get out into Europe to teach the
gospel to those who are ready to hear it! I know
this is pretty impractical, but I just got an email from my buddy,
he was my first zone leader, there is a picture of him that
I sent with me, but he has been in the Paris mission for 3 weeks
and currently he is living in the peasant quarters of a Castle
in Normandy! That would be so awesome. I hope I have an
experience like that. Hopefully I will just be able to
communicate a little bit by then in French.
I definitely think our trip to Europe has better
prepared me and that it wont be as shocking to me. I can still
remember that trip and I am so grateful we got to take it!
It was so much fun and I will cherish those memories forever.
I can't believe that was a year ago! In no
time I will be back there and we can take another trip, but this time
to Switzerland!

I am doing well. I haven't had any problems with my allergies, thank
goodness, and I haven't gotten sick or anything. So things are great.
And I hardly ever get heartburn, which is really nice because it was
starting to drive me crazy. And yeah Mom, haha, now I can call
myself a true hippie because I am starting to actually eat like one.
But Im not going to lie, I would drink a huge coke right now if I could!

Being the zone leader is good. Its just a little more work. We have more
meetings, like one on Wednesday evening with all the teachers in our zone,
like 10 teachers, a building meeting Thursday, and more meetings on Sunday,
and we have to teach part of the lesson in priesthood each week.
But its really great!
I love being able to serve my fellow man and I am grateful for the opportunity.
I am just grateful for the leadership qualities the Lord has blessed me with.

I am glad everyone is glad to hear from me, I am sorry they don't hear from me
more. I am sorry I am not very good about getting back to people, I am just
honestly always SO busy! But tell them all I love them and they are all in my
constant thoughts and prayers!

But conference was so good! I learned that Thomas S. Monson can wiggle his
ears! But seriously, I have never paid so much attention and I am so glad. I
can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that when I had the opportunity to
sustain Thomas S. Monson as a prophet of God, I bore witness that He IS the
Only true and living prophet on the earth. I am so grateful for that knowledge.

1 comment:

mamasteph said...

I love to hear how he is doing--his letters are so uplifting! He sounds so grown up!