Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Obedience

I am so glad to hear that the football game
went so well on
Tuesday! It sounded like a
great game and Trey did great as usual.
He is a
stud. And that is to bad about the
game on Saturday, but I am glad it was still

a good game and that they went out with pride.
I can't believe that we are both
done with football.
That is crazy. I remember when all I cared about
was
football, and girls I guess; haha.
Although I still love both of those things,
it is
interesting to see how the importance of things
in our lives change as we
mature, and how our
retrospect alters when we have a better
understanding of the
gospel of Jesus Christ.
I can honestly say that I know that the most
important
things in life are Family, Church, and
Education. I am so excited to get back

involved with the first and latter. I think
I will look at schooling in a whole

different light when I return and will try
a lot harder. Never thought you

would hear me say that, did you?

I can not believe I am 8 months done with
my mission today. I can't tell you how crazy
that is. I feel like I just got here.
I have grown so much though and I am
excited to see my personal growth and change
in the upcoming 16 months. This week was
pretty mundane (sp?) to say the least.
Sorry about all the spelling errors.
The French language kills your spelling.
No one here can spell their own language
because you only pronounce half of the words.
But this week was good, but nothing too out
of the ordinary. We found 4 new investigators
this week which was great. Two of them are
here on business from Ghana for the next

three months and are really excited to find
out if "the stick of Judah, and the

stick of Ephraim"/the Bible and the Book of Mormon
really do strengthen our

testimony's in both and in our understanding
and belief of Jesus Christ. I really feel they
have the faith necessary to receive an answer
and am excited to share in this experience with them.
One of the others was a man named Franky

who we actually met by asking him where he
got this sweet coat he was wearing. The fourth
new ami we found is probably the weakest,
but the story is a miracle in itself. We were working and we had
just had to people bail on us for rendez-vous.
He started to get frustrated and wanted to go in
for the night because he felt like he was doing
no good as a missionary. It was 8 o'clock and
we still had another hour of work before we
should have gone inside. There was no one
really on the streets and he felt that it was

pointless just to walk around for an hour.
I told him that I knew that God had prepared
someone for us that night and that through
obedience, we would find him/her.
I told him that we would keep working
and we would contact every single person
that passed. Well, the first person we passed,
we stopped and asked him if we could talk
about the gospel of Jesus Christ to him.
He said he had just got off work and was
headed home. I told him that's great and if he

wouldn't mind, we would love to go back to his
place and teach him about the restoration of
the gospel of Jesus Christ for about 15 or
20 minutes. He said yes! We went to his place
and taught him about the restoration and
have an appointment for this Thursday.
I know that we found this man, Asefaw,
thanks to obedience and listening to the
promptings of the spirit! It was a huge help for
my companion and we both learned a lot
from the experience. I love how blessed

we can be through listening to the spirit
and following the commandments we have

been given!

This should be a great week. We have
district meeting tomorrow in Neuchatel,

one of the most beautiful cities ever.
Then we are going to Granoble, France

Tuesday night and Wednesday to do
some French legality. Then we have an

exchange with the zone leaders so I will
be in Yverdon on Thursday, and then we

have Zone Conference in Lausanne on Friday.
And then we have stake conference

on Sunday in Lausanne again. It will be
a crazy week and i will be all over

Europe, but it will be fun!
I am excited to eat another French paticerie (sp?)

and receive counsel from the mission president!

Elder Bubba

2 comments:

Biggie T said...

It sounds like he is being a good influence on his companion already. It is great to hear he is so in tune with the spirit. It looks like he is getting to see a lot of Europe!

mamasteph said...

What an awesome experience! He is such a great leader and he sounds so happy. I sure miss him, but am so glad he is doing so well!