Thursday, July 10, 2008

Salut

Salut

I am doing great!
Thanks for both of your encouragement to buy a new suit.
I have been thinking about that, and actually they are
not as expensive as you would think here;
probably 80€ for a nice suit and you can find some for
around 40. But I think I might just wait a little bit
and see how it goes. If I do decide to I will
let you know. Was there anything either of you wanted
from "soldes." I bought a couple of new ties for 6€
the other day so if you want something I can get it
for you and send it.
As for the work here, everything is going well.
We have actually turned a lot of our focus towards member
work and are trying hard to work with members on
trying to find new people to teach.
Its a little hard right now because a lot
of our amis are on "vacance" or vacation for the next
couple of months. And in Europe when people have vacation
they go on vacation, for the whole time! So,
we are having a lot of fallen rendezvous as a result of
people just up and going. But all is still well.
We do have one ami who is awesome and I know will be
baptized eventually, but I don't know when.
Her name is Vanessa and her husband is a member
of the church,
but hasn't really been active since his
baptism
30 years ago when he was 20. They live and
work at an
equestrian center where they teach
horse riding
lessons. He says he knows that this is
the true church
and it is always so awesome to
see him bear testimony
of it to her.
She is working on recognizing

the spirit and the answer to her prayers that this
is the true church. Like I said, everything is going very well.
I love being out here and I am starting to be able to
communicate with people alright, and pretty much can get
through a conversation with anyone, even if it takes a while.
Thank you so much for your support

Elder Clayton Henderson Welch

1 comment:

mamasteph said...

I so admire his faith and testimony! What an awesome missionary!