Monday, July 28, 2008

Harmonica

As for me, as previously alluded to, I am doing great!
The Monday preparation day is a little weird,
but I am sure that will become comfortable after a few
weeks. This week is the last week of soldes
so I think we may just walk around and look at stores
and see if there is anything that we want for cheap
before everything returns to its ridiculous prices.
Last week I bought a couple of really cool ties for
about 4€ each. Today I think I am going to buy a
harmonica, yes they are allowed, and am going to try
to learn hymns on one in my spare time at night.
Yesterday was my 5 month mark, and I am continually
surprised with how fast time is flying buy!
I am so glad to be here serving the Lord, but
before I know it, I will be back at home,
commencing my studies. That's a crazy thought.
I was a little excited to maybe go somewhere different,
but I am excited to be staying here in Metz;
there is a lot of good work, and a lot of good
possibilities I see coming in the near future.
Like I said, we see miracles every day.
On Friday, we really felt like we needed
to add another ami that day, but we didn't know who
or where to look to. The sisters were taken out
of Metz lasttransfer so now it is just
Elder McKnight and I in Metz. But we had
acquired their area book when they left so
there were tons of old amis and potential
investigators. We only had 15 minutes before
our scheduled rendez-vous andright before
we started calling, I felt like I
should change the order.
We only had time to call two people,
but the second person we called answered and we
scheduled a rendez-vous with her right
after the one we had.
So, we had a member already with us, and taught
this women,added her, and found the
new ami we were looking for!
Things like this happen every day; it is amazing.
I love being here and I can't tell you
how true this gospel is.
God is there and he is our loving heavenly father.
He did send his only begotten son, Jesus Christ
to this earth to suffer for us, and I know that
Jesus Christ and God the Eternal Father did, indeed,
appear to Joseph Smith and the fullness of the
gospel of the Jesus Christ was restored to this earth!
I Love this, and I love talking about it
to people every day.

Your Loving Son,
Elder Clayton Henderson Welch

1 comment:

mamasteph said...

I love his testimony & his awesome spirit!