Thursday, July 17, 2008

I am doing wonderful!

My week was very good.  We are continuing to work hard,
and this week we changed
our focus onto the area book
(the book where we, and previous missionaries who

served in metz, record our lessons taught, potential
investigators, etc.) We
are trying to find people who
had previously been in contact with the
missionaries and
see if they had just been forgotten, if the had a change of

heart, and any other things that we can help them out with.
We have already
seen a lot of success with that and are
scheduling a lot of rendez-vous with a

lot of people. The work is moving forward, which is great!

Both of you had mentioned sending ensigns, or other
church magazines since the
ones I read are old.
Thank you so much for your concern but we actually get the

latest one at zone conference and at interviews, both of
which are once every
six weeks, so I should be good.
There are tons of old magazines in the
apartment.
And as for other church books go, we can only read the
standard
works and also the missionary library (true to the faith,
our search for
happiness, our heritage, and Jesus the Christ
(which I brought all of)). We get
an hour of personal study
from 8 to 9, and then companion study from 9 to 10, so

I get plenty of time to study which is great. I read the
Book of Mormon every
morning for 20 minutes, and I on
my second way through since I have been out and

I am just starting Jacob; I read Preach my Gospel for 10 minutes;
I am reading
the whole new testament and I am just finishing
up Mark right now, and for the
last 10 minutes and any other
free time I read the missionary library. I

actually just finished Our Heritage today, and I have already
read our search
for happiness, and true to the faith,
so I am starting Jesus the Christ
tomorrow which is
probably 4 times the size of the others combined, with

probably that much more to learn! So I am excited!

the end of the transfer is a week from today, so I will know
next Tuesday whether I am staying in Metz another
6 weeks or going somewhere
else! I will keep you informed!

Love,
Elder Clayton "Bubba" Welch

1 comment:

mamasteph said...

He sounds so good! I love that he is so dedicated and that he obviously has such a great spirit about him!