Wednesday, May 21, 2008

"Wife Drops"



This week has been so good for me though!  I will start off with last
preparation day. Last Wednesday, we went to the Museum of Metz.
It is so cool.
The basement has all the original roman baths that were in the city in like the
1600's and they build the building around it. I took some pictures I can send
soon. But it had a lot of awesome stuff about the history of Metz so I am glad
I went.

But heres a good story for you.  Last
Sunday, the first day I am wearing my just dry cleaned suit pants, no jacket
though, thankfully. We went to go visit some less actives in Thionville, a
pretty big ville about 30 minutes away. When we were going from building to
building it started to rain, and then it started to pour! But its ok, because
when your on your mission and your working and it starts to rain they count as
"wife drops," or in other words, the more you get the hotter your wife will be.
So, as it pouring we take off sprinting from one building to another of
apartments, and this women starts yelling our her window, "vit, vit!" (faster,
faster!) So, i cut through the grass around the building, plant my left foot
and... my foot slips and I just go sliding, baseball slide style, through the
grass like a slip and slide. I swear I had to have slipped 8 feet! So, I got a
huge grass stain on my shirt but I got it out, and my pants I am actually
wearing right now so its all good. BUT, I just want you to be prepared for how
beautiful my wife is going to be since I not only got rained on but I slid
through the mud for this great and glorious work!

But seriously, everything is so good!

Thank you for sending those pictures too mom,
yes, they worked. Trey is a classic.

( I put this so everyone would know you can email him pictures:)

7 comments:

mamasteph said...

LOL on the wife drops! I have never heard that before! It's so nice to see that not even the bad weather can get him down!

The Bombic said...

Too funny - although in my mind I changed the drops from meaning hottest to smartest. ;)

M {3 said...

You know, he has always needed to date girls that could carry on a good discussion, so perhaps some of those drops are for smart!

Biggie T said...

Nice picture - this is exactly the way I pictured it in my mind. It is good to hear is is doing so well. I'm so excited to know he is in the area close to where his great-grandfather was born. Maybe there is a distant relative out there waiting to hear the gospel!

Hair Goddess said...

Mom, I this blog cuts off half of the sentences for some reason so I can read it... can you email me his letters by chance?

M {3 said...

Sorry Katch. Are there others having this problem? Let me know. <3

mamasteph said...

No problem here, but I will double check the format just in case!