Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Bonjour from Elder Bubba

Here are some tidbits from Elder Bubbas's email today.
He seems to be doing so well and knows that this
mission is where he should be, isn't that great?



It is really
awesome that I am where Grandpa Welch is from. I wish I could talk to
him about
it but I guess I have to wait a while for that.
I just wish I knew what ville
he is from. Do you think you could find
out for me? And I think I should just
order some new name tags and
spell my name: Elder Welsch because I have someone

like everyday tell me my name is spelled wrong or if I have relatives from
around here. I just tell them, in very poor French, actually my relatives are
from here but they changed it when they moved to America.
People are always so

excited to hear that, like I have finally found my way home , haha.

I am staying healthy, don't worry. I don't think I am losing weight but I
run about a mile every morning by the river with my companion
so I am staying in
shape. And I do eat fruits and vegetables often.
Fruits are always the desert

when we eat with the French people, its awesome.

The blitz was awesome! I went on an exchange with Elder Hitchenson,
the
other "football player" of the mission. He is fro, San Diego and
played tackle
in high school and is the only big guy in our mission,
he is like 6'4" and 275.

But thats what everyone I meet asks me, "Did you play football American,
its funny because in two hours of contacting people on the streets,
we had 14
finding lessons! Thats where you give a couple minute
explanation on the
restoration and why we, the missionaries are there,
bear testimony, and the ask

them to do something like pray for themselves to see if these things
are true.
14! It was awesome. Also port a porting we got let into a house
and taught a
lesson to a man named Franch.

Its true, all
things are possible through the help of the lord if we are willing to put our
trust in him! If you want, you can read one of my favorites. Its actually the
whole chapter of Ether 3; it shows that we have to humble ourselves and
have
faith, and God will give us miracles. Then, at the end it talks about the
importance of gaining knowledge and the urim and thumim. And then,
read Ether
12: 4,6,12. It talks about hope, which is my favorite, and faith.
I love
the Book of Mormon.

2 comments:

mamasteph said...

What an amazing guy! I'm so thrilled he is so excited to be there! What awesome experiences he is already having too!

The Bombic said...

I love that they are telling him his name is spelled wrong. ha ha. Now that I know that Great Grandpa Welsch was from there I am definitely going to have to go visit. Anyone else game?