Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Elder Bubba's first email from the mission field


Metz, France is #1

I'm am doing so good!  Before I write to much, sorry for any 
grammatical mistakes, I just found out that French keyboards are different than
in America, so I feel like I am in second grade all over again.

But I am here in Metz, France; it is soo beautiful here! You would be surprised
to hear how well I am living. We are spoiled in Metz! It is just my companion
and I in our apartment. My companion is Elder Current, he is awesome! He
reminds me a lot of Sam. But it is just us in our apartment, but there are two
sisters in our ville as well. We have the Metz Ward, and a branch about an hour
away. It is the Forbach Branch and believe it or not we meet in Germany for
church! I haven't been yet, but this Sunday we plan on it.

But we are spoiled

because we have a washer & a dryer in our apartment, the biggest apartment in
the mission, and a car (even though we only take it out a couple times a week).
I will actually be the one driving in about 2 weeks because an American drivers
license is only good for a year in France. But everything is soo great. The
food is so good too. I think I have a baguette and French cheese at every meal!

My French is coming slow, but its funny talking to people because they just
stare at you and try to figure out what you are saying, I think it makes them
more prone to listen. But I am working hard with the language and it will come.
I am having plenty of fun out here too and there is nowhere else I
would rather be.

this is actually really hard typing on this keyboard, haha, you have to
hold down shift to do a period! What is that about! :)

our address here in Metz is:

Elder Clayton Welch
11 square de pontiffroy
F-57000 Metz
FRANCE

but you can just send stuff through the mission home if you prefer! But I hope
all is well and I will talk to you soon!
Love,
Your son,
Elder Clayton Henderson Welch

1 comment:

mamasteph said...

So good to hear he is doing so well, and that he is enjoying every aspect of his mission! I didn't know about the license thing--why is that?