Wednesday, May 28, 2008

3 Months

I can't believe I have been gone for 3 months now,
I am 1/8Th done and it feels like I have just barely started!
But its true what they say, when you are being
obedient and working hard time flies by!
That's awesome that you had the missionaries over for dinner,
I am sure they really enjoyed your company. We
eat at a members only like once a week because,
well because I am in Northern France where people are a little
more "cold," but I love it when I do get to!
The people are so awesome, I love them!
We ate at my favorite members flat on Sunday night.
His name is Bernard, he is probably 35, a painter (mom, you
would love his paintings) and used to be a musician.
He is kind of inactive, he goes once every 3 weeks,
but he is such an awesome member. We only got to be
there for an hour though with a spiritual thought included.
Its awesome you got to have them there. The only
thing better I could say you could do more for
them is get them some referrals, nothing is better than
a referral from a member.
If nothing else, it helps your friends understand more
about why we believe what we believe.

I'm sorry its so cold there, but its humid here and
I would happily exchange the weather!

as for me everything is awesome. My companion,
Elder Current is way cool, a lot like Sam Barrett,
but he just worries about things to much; which isn't
necessarily a bad thing as a missionary.
But like you have seen from the
pictures, this place is soo beautiful.
I can't wait to show you someday. We
are super busy and talking to so many people.
We are teaching a lot of Africans, a sweet Chinese
couple who are making us dinner tonight, and a couple
of French guys. I don't know if any of them are serious
about the gospel, but I pray that they realize how true
it is and that they be so much happier with the
gospel in their lives!

Thank you so much for your emails,
I love hearing from you.

Love,
Elder Bubba

2 comments:

mamasteph said...

I love that he sounds so happy! And I'm glad they are getting fed by members at least some of the time! He mentioned in his email to us, that there are no baptisms yet, but that he is teaching a lot and he knows it will happen! He has such amazing faith, and we are so proud of him!

Biggie T said...

I'm glad his companion is someone he can relate to even if he does worry too much. I wish they were getting fed more by members more often but know he won't starve.