Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Happy Easter!

I can't believe how much missions vary.
I can honestly tell you that I eat more
than I need, and that my life mimics that
of a life in America. I am blessed to be
serving in a first world country. So
there is nothing to worry about at all.

I will try to answer your questions real quick:
What is the new city like? It is pretty
small, but it will be good. It is on the
river and there is a lot of castles right
around it.
Why do you have to go to Dijon once a week?
District Meeting.
When you first got to France you said you
can only drive for a year. So does that
mean that your new companion will be driving?

Actually, they said that that is not really
a rule. I don't know but I actually
drive all the time, which is very nice.
Do you still end up walking quite a bit
or just travel by car?

Right not, mainly by car.
Is there a branch or a ward in your city?
Its a branch and most members live about
an hour away. The branch president
actually lives in Lyon and has a special
calling as branch president.

I will probably only be here for one
transfer. My mission president
insinuated that I would only be here
for one, and the former assistant to
the president told me he was 95 percent
sure I was leaving after one transfer.
But either way it doesn't matter,
I am content wherever the Lord needs me.
As for my week, it was a great week.
I spent a lot of time getting used to my
new ville and going to general conference.
I am now in Chalon sur Saone with
Elder Brady who is a stud! I really
like him. We have tons in common and
I am seriously having a great time.
Having a car is a blessing and a curse.
It makes work very effective, but, I do
like public transportation and the chance
to talk to people more often in route
to places.We only had a couple of days to
work in our city, but we did get some
great stuff done. The missionaries in the
past had be house porting in small
surrounding cities for the last couple of
years which isn't really what I have
found success in; so we both decided to
retract all of the apartments that are
right next to the church, hopefully
getting a lot of amis to church.
In our two days we found two new amis
and taught some great lessons. Also,
on Saturday morning we ate at a bbq chez
(at) a less active members house.
They are from Tonga and the dad is a
professional rugby player! It was so
good and we are teaching their friend who
we plan on asking to baptism this week!
We were lucky enough to have the chance
to travel to Lyon actually for general
conference, because we are in the Lyon
stake, and it was wonderful! We watched
the saturday morning session live at
6 o'clock at night, and then Sunday we
watched the priesthood session at 11,
the Saturday evening session at 2, and the
sunday morning session live at 6.
It was soo good! We recorded the Sunday
evening session and will watch that at
our next district meeting. I loved
conference though! I found so much peace
and comfort and also the personal
revelation needed for my life.
I especially liked the talk given Sunday
morning by Jeffrey R. Holland about
feelings of abandonment and also the
talk by Deiter F. Uchdorf about not
worrying about the little things and
little problems that don't matter
in life. I wrote down five questions
I was searching for in my life
and I received the answer to all five,
pretty much directly! Its amazing how
that works! I had also been telling
all the missionaries that Elder Anderson
would be the next apostle so I was
excited to see him called. I had the
spirit confirm to me that this call
was a call from God and I know he is a
special witness of Jesus Christ.
Its also good to have a "frenchy" as
an apostle. He served in Paris and
was the mission president in Bordeaux!
He actually lived for a little bit
working for the church in this mission!
It made the French members here very
excited to see that!

This week will be great as well.
We have zone conference, which is
actually in Yverdon, Switzerland,
so I will be in Switzerland on Thursday
and Friday. I love long train rides.
Other than that we will have a great
week of finding and teaching the people
the Lord has prepared for us in
Chalon sur Saone!

Love always,
Elder Bubba Welch

1 comment:

mamasteph said...

Conference was amazing! I love that he is so faithful and diligent in his call to serve the Lord! It sounds as though he is having some amazing experiences!