Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Transfer to Chalon sur Saone, France-new address

This past week was a great end
to my time here in France. I
received transfer calls this morning
and the mission president told me
that I will be serving in
Chalon sur Saone, here in France.
It is actually not to far away and I
will be serving with a great elder
named Elder Brady. He is still pretty
young in the mission, but I have heard
tons of good things about him and it
will be a great transfer!
I think I will only be there for a
short time though, but I am really
looking forward for this new adventure.
I will have a car which I am not to
stoked about, but it will be a good
chance to get a lot of work done.
We had another great week of teaching,
and had the chance to teach 22 lessons
this week! It is seriously such a
blessing to be able to teach so much!
I will be doing a lot more finding
in my new city, but I am confident
that the Lord will give me the same
opportunity to teach a lot.
Our Jewish ami is continuing to amaze me.
We attended a baptism with him here
in Lyon on Saturday night, and it was
honestly one of the most spiritual
baptisms I have ever seen. I was able
to do the baptismal interview for this
chosen young woman, she is about 24, and
she had one of the most solid
testimonies I had ever heard. She had
read the Book of Mormon in less than a
week, and also read all of the Doctrine
and Covenants, Pearl of Great Price, and
the Teachings of Joseph Smith manual, and
understood it all! After the baptism
Our ami turned to me and said that he could
feel the spirit stronger than he had
ever before, and that ha felt like he could
reach out and touch it! It was amazing!
The next day at church he turned to us right
before the sacrament and
said, "I want to be baptized!"
It was so amazing. We are looking at
April 18th for the date, and, although
I wont be able to be here for his baptism,
and I am soo happy and excited about this
choice he has made! Being a missionary is
so great!
Other than that, my week was full of
teaching great people. We found another 3
new amis this week and had a lot of great
moments with the members. The ward
here is great and make it really easy to
bring amis to church.
This next week should be a bit crazy with
the changing of cities, but it should
be great. I don't really know what stands
in store for me, but I know it is what
the Lord wants from me so I am excited.
I will get to go to Dijon, yes the city
of mustard, every week as well which I am
really excited for! I
ts going to be a good week.

p.s. My new address is:

Elder Clayton Henderson Welch
Les Missionnaires
26, rue Philibert Guide
F-71100 Chalon sur Saone
FRANCE

1 comment:

mamasteph said...

I'm excited for him to have some new adventures in a different place! He sounds like he is doing amazing! What a great missionary he is!