Friday, June 27, 2008

Busy week all over the place

I am glad you got my pictures 
The guy with the glasses is Benson, he has a
baptismal date for
August 3rd, but it isn't really
looking to strong right now, and the women is

Antonia, she is so amazing and wants to be
baptized once she gets back to
Nigeria in a
couple of months! Yeah, I was pretty tan in
those pictures but I
have lightened up a lot
since then. We had been out porting like
days earlier
that week so I had had a lot of sun.
Thanks for the compliment on the hair,

I actually cut it myself at 6:45 in the morning
in the hallway, haha. I
actually cut it again on
Saturday so its about that same length again. Its a

lot easier having shorter hair as a missionary.

I love that stain glass picture, its amazing to
see what they could do
hundreds of years ago
(the Salt Lake Temple is another example).


This week has been good, a little all over the
place but good. Last Thursday we

had another zone blitz, which we did here in
Metz again because it is the

central location for our zone. It went really well again.
It is always such an

amazing experience having 12 missionaries in one ville!
Sunday we went to
church in Saarubruck in Germany
which is always an interesting experience

because of the language barrier. You would be surprised
to see how big of a
difference an imaginary line
(the border of France and Germany) makes on

society's and on personality. But they are all great people.
Then on Monday we
had zone conference in Nancy so we
took the train down there on Sunday night and

stayed at the zone leaders apartment.
Zone conference went well and we talked a

lot about personal sacrifice. So right now
I am just trying to figure out what

else I can sacrifice to be an even better missionary.

One really cool thing that happened this week was
"Faire du Musique," a national
holiday here in France
devoted entirely to music!
So, at about 6 o'clock people
all over France just
set up all over their villes and start playing music.
I
didn't get to hear much of it because we were trying
to still do missionary work
and we had to be in at 9,
but from I did experience was really enjoyable. I

think America should have a holiday like that.
There wasn't much work we could

do any way so we just "flew the flag,"
what police call it when they go through
small cities
in the US to make sure people know that they are there.
It was a
great time though.

St. Cyr looks like is still going to be baptized this Sunday
which I am stoked for! The baptism will actually take place
in Germany so that's
were I will be again this Sunday.

I am going to try to take one of my suits in to get tailored
a little bit because
I have gotten noticeably smaller in the
shoulders and my jackets a little to big.

And my pants are a couple sizes to big too.

Elder Clayton Henderson Welch

1 comment:

mamasteph said...

I hope his baptism goes through! He definitely has lost weight, but he still looks good in his pics--and so happy! I love to hear about his experiences. He is such a great missionary!