Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Busy Busy

I am doing great!
This week has been a little crazy but I will
try to explain a little. So the end of the
transfer was Monday, I am
officially in my second transfer in the field.
And, to much assumption on my
part, I am staying in Metz this transfer;
which I am very excited about. The northern part
of France is infamous for being the "tough" part
of the mission because northern French people are
"cold" or should I say colder, but its not
true. I love the people and I can't wait to be
here another transfer (6 weeks) if not more.
But, my "dad," my trainer did leave.
He is now a zone leader in
Lyon-the ville I really want to go to-
and he left today. My new companion is
Elder McKnight, who is supposedly one of
the coolest missionaries in the mission
so I am stoked. But I haven't gotten to
meet him yet because there is a train
strike today in France, so most trains
were canceled. So, one of my zone
leaders, Elder Lusty who is like a genius
and whom I would call "classy" as in
Will Farrell classy in anchorman. I love him,
he is a riot. So he came up here
today and we are temporary companions for
the day while both of our companions
travel up here tomorrow. Elder Lusty is
usually in Nancy. Speaking of Nancy,
last Sunday was area conference, the telecast
from salt lake for most of Europe,
so we were in Nancy last Saturday and Sunday.
Oh, by the way, I went to
Luxembourg yesterday to help the two elders
up there move some stuff; it is such
a cool country! I hear the richest per ca pita
in the world! And everyone there
spoke English. I want to serve there so bad
eventually. And something crazy
that missionaries are actually illegal in
Luxembourg because Catholicism is the
only "legal" religion; crazy, I know.
But the government knows we are there and
they say it is fine if we are there; the
mission president just needs to give
them the names of those serving there.

Everything else is going well!
I am stoked to meet my new companion and all
of our amis are doing great! Another whom
I love is Guille. He looks like
Johnny Depp, but heavy metal style,
and he is like a genius. We have only
taught him 3 principles from the first lesson
in 3 rendez-vous though because he
talks so much, but he is practically
teaching himself the lessons! He is
amazing. He has a rock band and he has
the coolest apartment with like 15
guitars and he is always so excited for us
to come over. I have a picture with
him I will try to send soon!


I want you to know that this is where I want to be.
There is nothing else I would rather be doing.

Elder Clayton H. Welch

2 comments:

mamasteph said...

I love that he says there is nothing he would rather be doing! He always sounds so happy, and that makes me happy! It seems like he is having some amazing adventures! What a great guy he is!

Sara Bosler Castro said...

Hi! This is Clay's friend Sara. Thankyou to whoever in his family is doing this blog, I love it! Clay seem's like he's doing so well and that he's very happy. I love reading about it!