Sunday, January 31, 2010

Less than 2 WEEKS!!!




So I haven't smelled the smell of cow poop
for a long time spending the last 8+
months in Geneva, which is a smell I have
familiarized myself with throughout
the last week being here in Yverdon,
Switzerland, aka. the smallest city in the
mission, nestled in the Swiss alps and
beautiful countryside. Its actually
going very well though. The last week
was great and I have had a good time
getting to know the area and members,
despite the fact that I know I will
already leaving all of this again in 2 weeks.
We visited more members this past week
that I have in any other week throughout
my mission. I think we visited 12 f
amilies in the past week. I did eat
raclette twice as well which was a real
treat. Raclette is the greatest thing
in the world. Melted cheese on top of
potatoes. That is real Switzerland.
We didn't have to many lessons throughout
the week to amis, but this week should
be better. We do have an ami, J, who
is a sweet dude from the Dominican
Republic here with Corn Rows. He is
planning to be baptized the 6th, but that
will probably be pushed back a bit.
One way rad thing about Yverdon though
is that the Elders Quorum President has
a farm outside of Yverdon where
missionaries help him with service every
Saturday morning for 4 hours.
It is sweet. Milking cows in Switzerland,
moving hay, and chopping wood. We will
actually be doing in twice this week!
Other than that, we will just be working
hard on advancing the Lord's work here
in Yverdon, and I will be working on
finishing off strong!

Have a great week

Love Always,
Elder Clayton H. Welch

No comments: