Friday, January 22, 2010

3 WEEKS!

I received my last transfer call this week!
You are not going to believe it but
I am being transferred to Yverdon,
Switzerland for the last 3 weeks of my
mission and I will be serving with Elder B,
a great missionary who has been
out about 5 months now I think.
I really thought I was going to be
finishing here in Geneva, but there was a
problem with one of the apartments here
and it looks as though the Lord has
something else in mind for me.
I am very excited though to be able
to work in one more city before the
end of my mission.
Yverdon is a small Swiss city and is
very Swiss, but there are actually
quite a few members there and a
nice chapel. I think we have a car
and we have bikes too so maybe I will
get to ride bike a little bit after all.
This past week has been great,
though a little hard saying goodbye
to members and friends I have known over
the last 8 months here in Geneva.
I think that's why missionaries usually
move around often because its hard when
you get really close to people to say
goodbye.
The last week was really a standard
missionary week. We did a little finding
and we did quite a bit of teaching.
We have quite a few amis here whom I very
excited to see progress and to here from
in the future.
I really don't know what this next week
has in store. I will be going to
Yverdon tomorrow, church on Sunday,
and the rest is a mystery! I haven't not
known what I was going to do for a week
for a while so I am very excited to
finish this last part of my mission!
I am really just excited to see you
and everyone else!
Love always,
Elder Clayton H. Welch

1 comment:

mamasteph said...

It's crazy that they transfered him with only 3 weeks---but the Lord obviously felt he needed to be there for some reason! I can't believe he will be home in 3 weeks!!! :) I can't wait!