Thursday, January 14, 2010

4 Weeks!


baptism: an amazing new convert from England at her baptism on monday


eating one of the greatest foods ever made: Kebabs



snowycar: at church I blocked the office elders car with snow



There is snow all over the place here;
its crazy! I love it. I am not going to
lie, snowboarding comes into my mind
every-time I look outside, but its alright,
the holes in each of my shoes causing
my feet to be soaked instantly gets rid
of that desire; ha ha.
But seriously though, everything is
going so well here in Geneva.
The good thing with all of this snow
is that it isn't too cold though.
This last week was great.
I had the chance to go on an exchange
with my old companion Elder B who
is one of my best friends here.
It went very well and it was great
to just talk with him again.
I had become pretty serious while an
assistant, so it was a nice chance to
make it up to him by being more myself.
I also had interviews this week with
the mission president. It was great to
talk with him and learn from him again.
He is a great man.
We had another great experience this
week with a member. Her name is A
and she is the oldest daughter of one
of my favorite families here. She is 31
and is married to a non-member and has
4 kids. She has been kind of active over
the last years, but in the last 4 months
her testimony has just exploded. She
bore her testimony in church last week
for the first time in her life! Well,
when she came home from the church on
new years eve her neighbor who had been
drinking started asking her questions
about our church. She said that there
were missionaries to help explain these
questions. So, she invited us over and
we went and visited the family Friday
night. He didn't really remember much of
the conversation and was very skeptical
of us, but thanks to this member and her
sincere testimony, this husband and wife
opened up and became very interested.
I know that this family wouldn't have
listened to us if it wasn't for this
member and it is another proof for me
that as we talk to our friends about what
we know in this life, not only does our
testimony grow but we help so many
others in the process!
This week should be great.
It should be pretty traditional with a
lot of finding and teaching and hopefully
baptizing soon.
Actually, transfer calls are this next
Monday and believe it or not I could be
transferred for the last 3 weeks of my
mission. There are certain reasons why,
mainly with apartments, but I will let
you know next week where I will be
finishing my mission!
Thanks for all of your love and support.
I hope you have a great week.
Have a great week and I look forward to
seeing you soon!
Love always,
Elder Clayton H. Welch

1 comment:

mamasteph said...

Ha! I love that he has kept his sense of humor! It sounds like he is having some fun after months and months of being so incredibly busy! Love the pictures!