Thursday, July 23, 2009

Surrounded by Angels

It was another great week here in Geneva.
Although I didn't spend much time here in
Geneva this week, I had a great week on
exchanges, a zone conference, and the
lessons we had.
Tuesday night we drove up to Grenoble,
France for an exchange with the zone
leaders there. We were a little pressed
for time so we grabbed some McDonald's
in the middle of the drive and drove the
rest of the way. I don't know how I
ever did it before my mission, but
sitting there after eating McDonald's
was not the best feeling in the world;
maybe its a sign of getting old!
I had a pretty good exchange up in
Grenoble with Elder Guerrero, and then
drove back Wednesday night.
Thursday, we got everything ready for
all of the zone conferences and
taught our Brazilian investigator
here. It went soo well! She is
getting so close to baptism, and is
someone who will be solid in the
church all of her life!
Friday morning we got up at 5 so
that we could drive to Lyon for a
zone conference there.
The zone conference went very well.
We had the chance to teach and do an
activity about adjusting teachings
to meet peoples needs. We then
stayed after the zone conference
in Lyon on Friday and had an
exchange with the Zone Leaders there.
It was SO great to be in Lyon again;
Lyon is probably my favorite city in
the mission.
I had probably the best experience
of my mission on Friday night. I got
to go contacting in the middle of
downtown Lyon with Landry, the man
I taught in Lyon who was baptized
about 3 months ago. It was the
greatest experience, seeing this
24 year old convert testify of the
restoration of the gospel of Jesus
Christ to complete strangers on the
road! I literally felt as though
angels surrounded us and lifted us
up with each word we said.
I don't think I have ever spoken to
people with such ease and with the
spirit so strong. It was amazing.
To make it better, we ate lunch there
the next day and he told us how he
is preparing to go on a mission as
soon as possible!
He has been recently called to serve
in the Elders Quorum Presidency,
and is doing great!
We came home from Lyon on Saturday
night, and then yesterday we went
to church and ate at a great
members home. It was a great week!

This week will be crazy.
At about 4 o'clock today, my
companion and myself will be driving
up to Metz, France, the city where
I started my mission, to go to the
zone conference that will be held
there. We will get there at about
9 tonight and will attend zone
conference there tomorrow and then
drive back home.
Wednesday morning we will go to the
zone conference in Lausanne, and
then on Thursday we will attend
the zone conference here in Geneva.
Friday I will be on an exchange with
a zone leader from Lausanne here in
Geneva, and then on Saturday
I will be on an exchange with one
of the office elders.
This week I will only be with my
companion in the car and at
church on Sunday. It will be a very
busy week, but it should be great!


Have I been to Luxembourg or Belgium?
I have been to Luxembourg twice, once
for a full day, but I have never been
to Belgium. I do live with a Belge (sp?)
though. He makes good
waffles actually! haha.
Just so you know, I spent 18 euros last
week because we went to an adventure
park last preperation day. It was
climbing in trees with harnesses with
ziplines and all! It was amazing!

Love,
Elder Bubba

1 comment:

mamasteph said...

He sounds crazy busy! But still enjoying it all! It must be pretty amazing to see the transitions in the lives of people he has affected!!!