Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Happy 4th of July

So the changing of mission Presidents
this week was quite the experience!
I would venture to say that almost
everything that happened this week
derives from this event.

We spent the good part of Monday night
and Tuesday night preparing the
presentation for President and Sister
Murdock. The Presentation actually
ended up being really good.
I can actually send you a copy of it;
it will give you a look into whats
going on in the mission.

Wednesday we spent actually cleaning
the mission home and cars, hanging up
flags, and making everything look
nice for when the Murdocks got here.

I am not going to lie, going to the
airport with President Peterson to
pick up President and Sister Murdock
on Wednesday night was way weird; haaha,
it was great though and I am really
grateful to have been apart of it.
We got to take some pictures that
night together and then said good bye
to the Petersons.

Thursday we met with President and
Sister Murdock from about 10-4 oclock,
and then random other times since then,
trying to fill them in on everything
in the mission. I am sure it is
overwhelming for them, but their are
handling it very well.

On Saturday I found out it was the
4th of July that morning making
calls to zone leaders and we planned
on eating hot dogs because it was the
only "American" thing we had in
the fridge. Turns out that someone
threw them away. All of a sudden
President Murdock walks in our
kitchen and said, "How does Mcdonalds
sound to you Elders; my treat!"
I couldn't believe it! He is so
nice and I know that he
was truly called by God to be here.

Other than that, the week was spent
working on reports for the mission
and taking care of things here with
a couple of lessons. It was a
great week and I look forward to
the coming week. We are working
on zone conferences as well as
going on three exchanges.
It will be great, I will have
3 days to really get
out and talk to people.
I am excited!

Love always,
Elder Clayton Welch



1 comment:

mamasteph said...

He has been so crazy busy! It's kind of funny how uncomfortable he looks next to the sisters!!! :)