Wednesday, June 3, 2009

time flies

Man, it literally feels like yesterday
I was sitting here writing you; I can't
decide if its a good or bad thing though
that time goes by so fast. I guess
there is just to much to look forward
to after this life.

Seeing that it feels like I literally
wrote you yesterday, I will try to recount
my week; sorry if I am missing anything.

We started out this last week with two
zone conferences. We spent Tuesday in
Lausanne, a beautiful city just North
of Geneva. I have been told its the
headquarters of the Olympic games.
It is just like Geneva, a little smaller,
but I would say a little more beautiful.
Zone conference went really well, but
was a little different. The mission
president had to go back to the mission
home for some things, so my companion
and myself ran zone conference until
about 11. All we did was change the
order, but it was a good opportunity
to see what a mission president does.
On Wednesday we attended our own zone
conference here in Geneva. We still
had the 2 and a half hour activity about
using the scriptures, and it went very
well. We are in the process of making
a Report on the activity because of all
the people, namely the mission president,
and senior couples, who would like a
copy of it. Zone conferences are just
a great moment to get together with
missionaries and be strengthened by the
great spirit that is there.
Our mission President actually talked on
"Being Perfect," and it was great to
hear that we are all doing just the
right things and that we all need to
"stop stressing." Since it was our
mission presidents last zone conference
we also heard the talk/presentation on
"governing values" that he gives to
missionaries the night before they go home.
It was a great experience.

Apart from that, I had two exchanges
this week with zone leaders. We did them
both here, and I was able to work with
two elders. It was great to get out and
do a full day of talking to people.
We talked to so many great people on the
road, and at their doors, and had the
chance to teach a couple of lessons.
I actually tried finding close to the
United Nations buildings, and it was
incredible to see how many English
speakers were there. The vast majority
of cultures here in Geneva is amazing.
We had a couple of lessons this week with
our ami. She is so amazing.
She is so close to what she is looking
for, and she is so close to knowing what
she needs to do. The past two weeks we
have taught her with 6 different
families, and this week we will teach
her with 2 more! It should be great!

So I had the chance to attend all 6 hours
of church again. Its interesting; 6
hours of church as a missionary is easier
than 1 hour of church not as a
missionary. Seriously, the day goes by
way to fast. It honestly doesn't feel
that long and its great meeting with so
many great members. I am finally
starting to get to know them, but its a
little hard being in two wards.

This week should be another great week
here in Geneva. There are some things we
need to get done; Reports for stake
presidents, a report on our activity, and
things like that, and we also will have
3 more exchanges this week; all here in
Geneva!
It should be a great week where I will
learn a lot from serving with
the great missionaries in our mission.
This week will fly.

Have a great week.
Elder Clayton Henderson Welch

1 comment:

mamasteph said...

It's nice his time is going by so quickly! At least for him! ;) I love that he is doing so well!