Saturday, June 13, 2009

A Blur-but miracles happen

I will attempt at telling you a little
about my week; I know that I should be
able to more easily remember all of the
things I did, but it literally feels
like a blur. Upon arriving in Geneva,
I feel that one week feels like a day.
Its crazy!

I had the opportunity to go on three
exchanges this week, which was a great
chance to get out and work really hard.
On exchanges miracles always happen. I
have been trying to figure out why my
whole mission, but I think it is because
both missionaries try to be on their
A game, and its a little easier to become
complacent when you are with the same
person day after day. I also think it
is because the Lord wants to bless us
with miracles so that as we try to teach
and train missionaries on these exchanges,
they can better build their faith, and it
is a much better teaching situation.
All three exchages we had were here in
Geneva. I served with Elder on Wednesday,
Elder on Thursday, and Elder on Saturday.
They all went really well. A great miracle
I saw was on my exchange with Elder.
He is a great missionary and came into the
mission the same time as me. He is
actually one of my best friends in the
mission and I would love to serve with
him. He is a rad guy from Paris, and was
only a member for one year before
leaving on his mission. We visited a
less active college student in a
university student building that was
8 floors with 3 apartments on each floor,
with 4 students in each apartment.
We only had about 30 minutes before our
meter for the car ran out, but in that
30 minutes we fixed 3 lessons for this
week, taught a less active lesson,
taught another lesson to someone we met,
and found a new investigator!
It was great!
Another great miracle from an exchange
is on Saturday with Elder , we
contacted a woman on the road and
fixed an appointment with her and her
daughter for an hour later. We went
and picked up a member and taught the
Lady, her daughter, and her 5 20-30
year old nephews! The lady and her
daughter came to church and we will
see them again this week!
Apart from that, we worked on a couple
of reports; the good old administration
part of being an assistant
(at least in our mission). We just
finished the monthly report for the Area
Presidency and also the reports for
the stake presidents. We will be starting
this week a semiannual report on our
mission for the church archives and also
a presentation for the new mission
president who arrives the 1st of July.
It will be in the middle of the transfer,
but we will just continue like normal.
It should be a pretty smooth transition
with everything we are implementing, and
we should continue to see the mission
progress without any lapse.
This week will be a lot like the last.
We will be continuing to work on these
reports anytime we have free. We will
have 2 exchanges again here in Geneva
which will be another great chance
to see miracles.

I love how we have the chance to just
get better and better in this life;
its amazing.

Have a great week!
Love always,
Elder Bubba

No comments: