Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Life is a blur...

As I sit at the computer writing
this email, trying to think of
everything that happened this week,
my mind draws a blank. This week
is such a blur, and it feels as
though it were yesterday that I
was sitting here writing you.
Time flies. They say it only goes
by faster after you get home from
your mission; I don't know how that
would be possible. All I can tell you
is I love Geneva. I love my companion.
I love my mission.

We had the chance to attend the Lyon
and Nancy zone conferences this last
week which went very well. We would
normally travel with the mission president
and his wife, but we needed to be there
early for a meeting with the zone leaders,
so we left a little earlier. We had our
two and a half hour activity about
using The Book of Mormon, which was great.
All the missionaries were very
engaged, and many expressed learning more
than usual in a proactive setting.
We now know the things we need to change
for the two zone conferences we will
attend this week, doing the same activity.
It is great having the chance to
visit with all the missionaries.

Although the missionary work has been
a little different since I have been here
in Geneva, we did have the chance to
have some great rendez-vous; particularly
with our ami.She is from Brazil and is
about 35 years old. Her cousin is an
inactive member, but is really encouraging
towards her in her pursuit of
finding the truth. It was her birthday
on Wednesday and we watched a 15 minute
film that was made by our mission last
month. It is like the "healing waters"
video in English where the girl gives
her friend a copy of the Book of Mormon,
but made in France, with an original
French song. It is way good. We invited
her to be baptized, and she is praying to
know if that is what she needs to do.
We then had a great lesson with her
last night at a members on prayer.
I really think this week she will get
her answer that she needs to be baptized.

I had the chance to go on an exchange
with this week with the zone leaders here
in Geneva. It was interesting though
because I went with my MTC companion.
It was a great chance to see/work with
him again, and to see the changes and
progress we have both made. It was a
great chance to get out and talk to tons
of people.

Yesterday I went to church to the two
wards again. We get to go to both wards
each week which is great. It is a lot
of people to get to know, but its great
to see so many strong members of the
church. 6 hours seems like a lot of
church, but it flies by. We haven't
started working to much with the members
yet, but we plan on starting that soon.

This week should be another great week.
We will be attending the two zone
conferences on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Then, we have an exchange on Thursday
with the Yverdon zone leaders, and on
Friday with the Annemasse zone leaders
here in Geneva. It should be a busy
week, but it should be packed full of
great things.

The mission presidents wife is great.
She is definitely the mission mom of us
all. She is so caring and is very down
to earth. She helps us so much with all
of the temporal things we need. We
don't really eat there, but she often
times brings us over some yummy treats.

Thank you for reminding me about the
drivers license and also the 90 dollars.
They are actually for the same reason.
I had to go and get a Swiss drivers
license the other day, and the mission
makes you pay 100 francs of it on your
own. They needed me to start driving,
and they wanted me to do it legally.
Good thing though is that is good
til I die, so I have a
European license now.

This should be a great week.
Love,
Elder Clayton Welch

1 comment:

mamasteph said...

I'm glad he is staying busy and that he seems to be having so much fun! He deserves it!!