Thursday, March 26, 2009

Chillin' in Lyon teaching 23 lessons

Commet va tu?
I had another great week here in
Lyon, France. This could possibly
be my last week here, which makes
me sad, but I am excited for the new
adventure the Lord is going to bless
me with. We will receive transfer
calls next preparation day so I will
let you know next week. I would love
to stay here but I do not think it is
very likely.
Today, for preparation day, we had the
chance to play American football with
16 elders! It was great, although I am
very tired right now. We played Grenoble
Zone vs. Lyon Zone and we lost, but is
was still a great time! There were even
a few members who came and watched
because they had never seen an American
football game before; bizarre, I know.
This last week we taught 23 lessons!
That is the most I have taught in a week
on my mission, and I was so grateful for
the Lord blessing us with so many
opportunities to teach. We found three
new amis this week as well, and the pool
of people we are teaching continues to
grow; its great!
The Mormon monk is doing great, and our
Jewish ami Ladry went to see him get the
priesthood. We also had three other amis
come to church which was a real blessing.
I went on two exchanges last week. I was
actually in St. Etienne on Tuesday and
got to work with a great missionary Elder
Price. On Thursday I had my exchange
with one of the two assistants to the
President, Elder Hanson, from the Valley
in Utah. He is a rad Elder and I learned
a lot from him. He was also a snowboard
instructor before the mish. so we had a
good time and we actually have tons in
common. He ends his mission next transfer,
so unfortunately I wont have
the privilege of serving with him.
The other day we did an exchange with a
couple of members because we had to many
lessons to teach and I got to ride my
first bike on my mission! It was a crazy
experience and riding through Lyon I was
actually a little scared! haha, I am
actually a little grateful that I am not
in a bike mission!
As for our amis, they are all progressing
very well, and, although we haven't
re fixed their baptismal dates yet,
we plan on fixing a couple this week.
Itshould be another great week here.
We are having a little "blitz" here in
Lyon tonight, meaning we will have 24
missionaries here because we have zone
meetings tomorrow. My companion will
have the chance to teach our zone which
I am excited for.I also have an exchange
this Thursday with an Elder named Elder
Goines. He was the former assistant to
the President and is a stud! He ends his
mission next week and I am stoked to talk
with him and learn a lot of great things!
It is always interesting on these exchanges,
for the most part I am the one who is
supposed to be "training" the other
missionaries, but in all actuality I think
I learn more from the other missionaries
than anything. Its great how that
works. I am way excited for another
epic week here in Lyon!

2 comments:

mamasteph said...

I can't believe he taught so many lessons! That is awesome! I'm still surprised though that they lost at football with bubba on their team! :)

Biggie T said...

I still think he will become a mission legend.