Monday, August 25, 2008

Walking to Church

I will try to answer those
questions. You both said that I need to eat more fruits and vegetables;
thats true. I am not going to lie, it is a lot easier to spend money on
junk food, but I do try to buy some tomatoes each week,
and occasionally oranges, and we buy yogurt with
fruit in it each week which I eat every morning
for breakfast. I am not running every morning with my companion,
but I am getting up every morning and exercising
(I do jumping jacks, stretch, push ups, sit ups, etc) so no worries.

I like that I have lost a little weight. But we did play football here in Nancy
again today as a zone
which was really fun. I had a ton of td's
but I am really sore. I have already
started taking some ibuprofen .
The Olympics sounded great. I didn't really see
any, just like glimpses
while at rendez-vous,
I would love to go to them someday. Where are the
next ones for the winter?

The French is actually coming very well. Some days seem better
than others. I
don't know if I am fluent, it depends on what you call fluent?
I can have a
conversation with anyone about anything; although
some topics are hard to talk
about in English, let alone in French.
I wouldn't say my vocabulary is big by
any means, and the
masculine/feminine kills me, but it is coming well.

I am actually going up to Luxembourg right after
I get off this computer. I am
going on an exchange with Elder Dyer,
one of the two Elders up there, so I am
stoked for that.
I will be there for a day.
The work here is going soo well.
I am going to try to send you pictures of this
family that we have the
baptismal dates for. They are honestly the greatest

family I have met on my mission. I love them to death.
We have been having to
find them rides to church because
the bus system is very sparse on Sundays, most

things are closed in France on Sundays which is very nice,
but it makes it hard
for them to get to church.
We couldn't find them a ride so I called them

Saturday night and asked them if they would walk with us.
We get to their
apartment at 8 Sunday morning, and they
were still sleeping! So they get up and
hurry and get ready
and we leave. We all walk; Elder McKnight, myself,
Andrea(the mom), Gerald (10), Audry (10), and Arnold (8),
for an hour and end up
being 30 minutes late to church,
which is fine because sacrament is last.
It
was hilarious though. The lesson for primary was on repentance
so they had the
kids run around this course outside with a backpack
filled with bottled waters
and timed them, and then had them run
without it and show how much more
productive we can be after we
repent and don't have that burden anymore. It was

a good lesson but it was just hilarious because they had walked
an hour and
then had to run around. But they are great.
They will be baptized, along with
the aunt who is in Paris for a
couple of weeks, on the 13th. I don't know if I
will still be here for it,
because transfers are next week. I pray that I
will. I hope
I will be close enough to come back for it. After church though

they had us over for lunch. Every time we are over there
they give us coke, its
great! That is where a lot of our focus is going
but we are still teaching
about 10-13 lessons a week,
which is pretty unheard of in our mission. We are

just so blessed to have the Lord's hand guiding us in this work.
I love being a
missionary. I cant believe it is 1/4 done.
It seems like just yesterday I was
at home.
But I know I am where I need to be and will be blessed for it.
And
you will be blessed for sending me.

Have a wonderful week and I look forward to hearing from you !


Elder Clayton Henderson Welch

1 comment:

mamasteph said...

He sounds so happy! I love that he is having such an amazing time. And he's already 25% done! Crazy!