Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Exploding

Thank you so much for your emails!  As usual, they were great.

I am not going to lie, I have not been
eating the best lately, but not poorly either.
I make a lot of
Asian stir fry, white sauce pasta and baguettes,
and burritos (usually curry.) My weight seems

to be staying the same and there are no health problems here.
That's
sweet that you get to have your teeth cleaned this week mom.
That is not really something
missionaries do, at least not here.
I know one missionary who went to a dentist.

All I know is it cost him an arm and a leg.
But I am not worried about it.
I use a fluoride toothpaste
every night and use mouthwash about 3 times a day,

so all is good. I am just about to open my second
fluoride toothpaste, so I should be fine with that for another
6 months. I can buy
toothbrushes here.

The work here is so great! We added the son of the family
we are baptizing to
the list, he turns 8 in a week or two.
So that makes in 6 baptismal dates for

us and they are all strong! One of them will be baptized
on the 31, the mom and
her 3 kids will be baptized on the
14
Th along with the daughter of the less active who is coming back.
It is so sweet! We taught the family and the aunt

tithing, word of wisdom, law of chastity, and keeping the
Sabbath day holy in the same rendez-vous and they accepted
them all with such strong faith! I love
these people!

Its funny, we are actually on our way to becoming legends.
At the last zone
leader council, where the zone leaders meet
in
Geneva once a month with president, Elder Greaves,
the assistant and my buddy from junior high, got up

and told everyone how Metz was "exploding!"
So there are
definitely great things going on!
I love being here, it is so sweet!


Our president tries to have you stay for four transfers,
but I am pretty positive
I will be switching in a couple of weeks.

Elder Clayton Henderson Welch

2 comments:

mamasteph said...

I am so excited about all of his baptisms! He really is going to be a legend out there!

Trey said...

he sounds so happy! i miss him but i am glad he is doing such marvelous work! and it is insane he gets to see his buddy from jr. high more then when he was in the states!! crazy!!