Friday, October 16, 2009

Bonjour!


Bonjour!

After quite a few hectic weeks,
this past week was a great chance
to relax and get caught up on a
lot of things going on here.
It is a little chilly here in the
morning, but it is nothing strange
for a usual fall day. The leaves are
all changing colors though which is
great to see.

As for the questions and comments:
"Did you park in a no parking zone or
why did your van get towed?" Apparently,
the parking lot had signs saying that
it was free parking until 5:30 am on
certain days of the week, but, even when
I went back to check, I didn't seem it!
All I saw was parking was payed parking
after 9 am. But, you can't really argue
with the French government.

"Was [the week] a bit more restful for you?"
yes it was! It was great.

"It is also apple season and have found
Honey Crisp and have been eating one of
those every day."
Thats way good that you are eating an apple
a day pops. I am too! They taste way good
though. I always eat pink ladys. Do they
have those there?

This week was great, being the first week
in a while where I spent the majority
of it here in Geneva. We got a lot of
things done here though, which was great,
and it was great to get out and teach
those whom our Heavenly Father has
prepared.
On Thursday night, we did travel to Lyon
again for our exchange there we had
with the Zone Leaders; no, I did not get
towed this time. It was a great
exchange though!
Friday morning during our exchange,
the Zone Leader, Elder H, felt inspired
to change some of our schedule for the
day. It was raining very hard all
morning, and we had planned to pass
some investigators. We weren't really
talking to people on the road, because
of the rain, but as a man was approaching,
I felt like I needed to talk to him.
I contacted the man, and we had a great
contact. I asked if there was some time
that afternoon if we could pass by him.
He said that he was busy, and that he was
about to go to Paris for the next week.
I then asked if we could go to his home
right then and talk. He was like, "baa, ok."
So we went there and talked. Right away,
he said, "I need to tell you something.
This morning I prayed for the first time
in a while and I asked God to give me some
direction in this life. When you stopped
me, I honestly prejudged you, but as you
asked the second time if we could talk, I
realize that I had just rejected the
response God gave me, and that you are the
answer to my prayer." It was crazy!
We had a great rendez-vous and he said he
would like to be baptized. It was an
amazing testimony builder of how the Lord
truly has prepared people here to teach.
Other good news, our investigator, from Brazil,
who has been struggling with the idea of
baptism, came up to us at church yesterday
full of smiles. She said, I was walking
down the road on Friday, and I all of a
sudden received my response, I need to be
baptized November 28th! She said that
there was no doubt in her mind, and it
was as though someone was there telling
her she needed to do it!

This week should be another great
low key week! We have a baptism this
Saturday with our investigator K M.
We also have 2 exchanges, that will
take place here in Geneva.

Have a great week and remember that I love you!
Love,
Elder Clayton Welch

ps. The picture is the man I taught who
was baptized in Lyon.)
He baptized someone on Saturday and
will be going on a mission in April!

2 comments:

mamasteph said...

I love that he is so inspired! And it's awesome to see that his spreading the gospel will continue to go forth throughout the world through others!

Trey said...

He's the man