Wednesday, October 28, 2009

5th Transfer

I did go to the most
beautiful city in Switzerland this week,
Montruex, to help some woman with some
stuff for the mission president. It is
was actually home to people like F.
Scott Fitzgerald, Hemingway, and many
others including Freddy Mercury of
Queene. Here is a picture of me right
next to a statue of Freddy Mercury, and
also of the Alps looking over Lake Geneva.






As for your questions/comments this week:

So how did your transfers planning go
this week? It went way well! It just
flys by, but it is very spiritually tiring.
I love seeing the Lord's hand
direct this work.

Are you staying in Geneva for your
5th transfer? Yes, I will be here for one
more. 7 months in Geneva!

Did you talk about your plans with your
mission president and have you decided
when you plan to come home?
February 11, 2010.

Do they celebrate anything like Halloween
in Switzerland? Not really, though,
the English ward is having a party.

So this week we decided to break some of
the "traditions of our fathers" and the
mission president decided to keep me here
for a 5th transfer. It hasn't
happened for a long time, so I hope I do
a good job. Apparently there is
something the Lord still wants me to learn
here that I haven't learned quick
enough. I am pretty sure this will be my
last transfer here though, and then I
will have a transfer and a half to end
my mission in the field.

Working on transfer week was great.
It is always way tiring, but its just so
much fun. It is very spiritually
exhausting though. The week just flew by!
It is also fun meeting with the president
all day, and learning so much from all
that he knows. He is a great example.
I have been growing way close to him and
am grateful to be here at the mission home.
Other than that, we had some great
rendez-vous with our great investigators.
We are still teaching I, the Brazilian,
and she told as at church that she is
positive that she will be baptized the
28th of November! I am way excited for
her. She is seeing opposition, but her
desire and faith will keep her going.
C, the referral from our DMP
(ward mission leader) is also doing great.
He is quitting smoking this week and,
thanks to a quit smoking plan for
investigators, he is now at 5 days
no smoking! We also met with D, our
Mongolian ami, who is always way fun
to teach. She speaks Mongolian and Chinese
and a very little English, and her
member sister, speaks Mongolian and French,
so we teach and French and hope that
she is understanding. Its great to see how
the spirit teaches.
This upcoming week should also be great,
filled with picking up missionaries
from the airport, teaching the new
missionaries, and helping the missionaries
get around. I am excited to be here for
one more and look forward to learn as
much as I can from the mission president!

Have a great week and keep on smiling!
Love always,
Elder Clayton Henderson Welch

1 comment:

mamasteph said...

I LOVE the top picture of Bubba with Freddy Mercury! :) And I think it's awesome that he is being kept an AP. He has obviously been a huge help to his mission!