Wednesday, September 30, 2009

GANDHI AND ME






This week was actually very low key,
where I spent the whole week here
in Geneva. Tuesday was getting a
lot of things done here at the
mission home.
Wednesday we had a Zone Leader
Council, which is still my
favorite meeting as a missionary.
I just love meeting as the "leaders"
in the mission, discussing the
needs of the mission. I feel that
that is the way we get the most
accomplished.
Thursday we got ready for the zone
conferences, where I made the mission
film and we got some other stuff done.
Friday we had our first Zone Conference
of the transfer which was here in
Geneva; the first Zone Conference is
always the hardest, but now we know the
changes we need to make.
And yesterday we spent the day working
as missionaries do. We had a great
lesson in the morning where
our 9 year old ami,who decided to
be baptized the 17th of October.
We have been working a lot with her
family, and her whole family,
except for the father, have been
coming to church every week for
2 months now! That night we
taught a Mongolian girl whose
sister is a member. She had
asked me if we could teach her
last week. The rendezvous went
very well, though it was a combination
of English, French, and Mongolian.
Saturday afternoon we were helping
a member move some stuff in his home.
We were using a pulley system to
lower tiling, wood, etc. from the
2nd story of this old french home.
It went very well, and while we
were doing it, one of the
neighbor girls told us that her
Mom needed help. We went over, and
this woman had a huge fridge,
about the size of the average American
fridge, and wanted to
if we could move it into her car.
I love french people. They had
lived 2 houses away for 4 years and
had never met. She invited us in
to have some freshly squeezed
grape juice. We then told her
how we were missionaries and she
invited us, and the member family
to come eat dinner with her and
her husband and their 5 kids!
Its crazy how service can really
soften someones heart.
Yesterday during fast and testimony
meeting, this brother, got up and
bore his testimony about how
the missionary spirit has changed
his family thanks to us coming over.
I couldn't believe how strong
the spirit was as I sat there and
listened to how the calling of a
missionary really does change lives.
The spirit was almost tangible.
I felt that I could reach out
and grab it. I think it was the
first time I have cried in a long
time. I love being a missionary!
This week will be crazy!
Tonight we are going to Lyon for
zone conference tomorrow. We
will then drive right afterward
to Metz, France for a zone conference
on Wednesday. We will then drive
directly to Nancy to have an
exchange with the zone leaders
Thursday, only to drive home to
sleep in my bed and drive to Yverdon,
Switzerland on Friday for Zone
Conference there. Then, we have
General Conference this
weekend! I LOVE General Conference.
Honestly, my favorite 2 weekends of
the year. Listen. Take Notes.
The prophets words truly changes lives.
This should be a great week!

Love always,
Elder Bubba

ps. Attached are photos from my visit
to the United Nations last week. I
especially like the one of me reading
the Book of Mormon with Gandhi.

1 comment:

mamasteph said...

Love the top picture! :) I'm glad he has some good opportunities for service--I know he loves that!