Monday, September 28, 2009

Fun Airport Meeting

So this week was pretty low key,
but it was a great week.
No trips to Paris, but I actually
did have a really cool experience
(not really gospel related).
While taking a missionary who was
going home to the airport on
Thursday morning my companion and
I were standing and waiting for
the sister to finish getting
her bags checked. I noticed a
guy in the "Club Europe" line,
the line for way rich people at
the airport who fly all over,
who dressed a lot like I did before
the mission, especially the way he
was wearing his beany on the back
of his head. There were 3 other
guys about 25-30 years old with
him too with beards and "trendy"
jeans and t shirts. All of a
sudden, of them comes up to us and
is like, "hey guys, so are you
from Utah?" I was like, "Nope,
Minnesota. You?" He said he was
from Nebraska but his family lives
in Utah and that his Pops
actually teaches/taught at BYU.
He told us about how his dad and
bro served missions and his grandpa
was a mission president. We talked
a little bit more,
and then I asked him what he was
up to in Switzerland. He was like,
"Oh, I was here for 2 months with my
band (who is standing right next to us),
and we were working on a CD.
Our band is actually Marron 5,
I play lead guitar." I played
it off all cool and was like, "oh yeah,
that's cool. So how did you like
Switzerland?" But I really couldn't
believe I was chilling in the Geneva,
Switzerland airport with Maroon 5 at
six in the morning. It was pretty rad.
As for the week, we spent a good
portion of it greeting new missionaries
and getting the old missionaries back
home. We spent a lot of time with
the mission president getting everything
ready for the next transfer; Zone
Conferences, Zone Leader Council, etc.
It went well, but I honestly think
sitting in a room talking is way harder
and more exhausting then walking
around and talking to people.
I don't really understand it.
This week we will finish up some
things around here. We have Zone Leader
Council on Wednesday, we will be on
an exchange in Lyon on Thursday
(my favorite city in the mission),
and we will be attending a zone
conference here in Geneva
on Friday. Other than that, we
will be working on finding some
time on finding those the Lord has
prepared here in Geneva!
have a great week!
Love always,
Elder Clayton Henderson Welch

1 comment:

mamasteph said...

How cool that he got to meet Maroon 5? I know he loved that! Sounds like another busy, busy week! But he definitely sounds happy!