Tuesday, February 10, 2009

New Contacting Approach

This week was way good! I don't have
any crazy stories about monks or
anything, but it was still way good!
Actually, the Mormon monk, Jean Marie,
is going to move to Utah because he is
loves Mormons and says that the business
market is to difficult for a foreigner
here in France. So keep your eyes open
for a Mormon monk.

Interviews went way well with the
Mission President last week. We have an
interview, every missionary, each transfer
with the mission president. We talked
about, and learned how to use, a new
contacting approach. I am not going to
lie, its hard, but I did have a confirming
witness from the Holy Ghost that it is
revelation from God, and that he really does
need us to find the elect as soon as possible.
We don't introduce ourselves when we stop
people anymore, we just say,
"bonjour, and then start teaching about the
gospel, for example, nous savons que Dieu
a crée une plan pour que nous trouvions
le bonheur." (we know that God created a
plan so that we can find happiness.)
The reactions we get are pretty funny,
but those whom the Lord has prepared
will listen.

My exchange with the assistants went
way well. I was with Elder Goines,
a great missionary who will be
finishing in the next couple of months.
We did a lot of finding, so we got to
work on the new contacting approach
together, which was a little bit easier
because we would start in french and since
there are so many people who don't speak
french, half of the people don't understand
the awkward intro! haha, too bad we don't
have that luxury in Lyon. But it really
was great and I learned a lot. I feel it
a privilege to work with a lot of way good
men, inspired by God. He mentioned
something to me that I have thought a
lot about, he asked, "what are you going
to sacrifice when you get home?" that
is a question I am going to think a lot
about the next year, and I am excited
to continue to progress in this great
cause.

The rest of the week went very well.
We taught another sweet man named Topi
from the Congo who has decided to be
baptized later next month. I love
seeing all of this chosen people find
the answers they are looking for.

This week will be way good as well.
Today, a bunch of us missionaries
are going to the Basallic, a sweet
church on the hill in Lyon, so I am
stoked for that. Wednesday I will
be going on an exchange with an Elder
named Elder Waldron, just in the
southern Lyon area which I am excited
for. But what I am most excited for
is this Friday. This Friday we have
a whole mission conference in Geneva
where we will hear from Elder Bednar
and his wife (apostle), Brother Kapishka
(1st quorum of the seventy), and another
area seventy. I am soo excited.
I have the chance to listen to an apostle
address less than 100 of us! This
will be a great week!

I am stoked for out new mission president
as well. He sounds like a great man.
Does Aunt Vicky know him personally?
I am sure he will do tons of great things.

I hope you have a great week!
Elder Clayton Welch

1 comment:

mamasteph said...

I think it is awesome that he is recieving personal revelation and growing so much! I always love to read what he writes---he is one amazing guy!