Friday, December 5, 2008

Lyon, France

I am doing great!
My birthday and Thanksgiving were good.
Thanksgiving we actually ate at a recent converts house
and we had a huge wok full of vegetables! I
t was way good. He is like a hippie teacher here so
it was a blast. That's whats great about

here, the people are sweet city folk.
My birthday was good. I went to church

as usual, but my companion got really sick in
the middle so I left church early for the first time in my
mission and he slept while I cleaned the apartment

because it was pretty gross when I got there.
He got sick from the pizza we had from pizza hut for my
birthday the night before, haha. It was stuffed crust but

spicy stuffed crust. He is better now so its all good.
I opened your presents last night when he got up and
they were so good! Thank you so much. I am

already using the pen, i am wearing the tie, and we
went shopping this morning and bought tons of fruit to
use in the blended! I am stoked for it! Thank you

so much!
I will try to answer some of your questions though. Lyon?
I love it. It is huge and I love big cities/
Where is he from:
Alpine Utah.
How long has he been out:
a year and 8 months. He has had three french
companions and speaks way well!
Was he a football player:
no, but he did ski tons which is cool. He is a

really nice guy.
Do you think it will be a good companionship
and will be able to work well together?
Yeah, he is a good leader and I am going to learn
tons from him.
What is your apartment like? old, haha.
Your address is Villeurbanne - is this a suburb?
Nope. It is us two, and two sisters who have pretty much

ALL of downtown Lyon.
How far are you from the church?
really close. The church is actually not a chapel.
It is a like in the city so its just in a

building with businesses.
Will you take the subway most of the time?
Yup. Everyday. It was raining the other day so
we contacted people on the subway for

like 3 hours/ It is really scary but fun.
The weather: its cold. I wear a coat, scarf,
and gloves all the time.

But the work is going well. It will be a good transfer.
I am going to learn a lot. I am excited.
But thank you for all your prayers and thoughts.
I do feel them and they do help.


Elder Clayton Henderson Welch

1 comment:

mamasteph said...

I'm glad he had such a good birthday and Thanksgiving. He always sounds so happy--I love that!!!