Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Caroling

Salut Mere et Pere! Commet va tu?

This week was good.
I had two exchanges where
I worked outside of my area
which is always interesting
because I don't have total control.
But its good for me though to learn
how to follow as well as lead.
I worked in Gereland, which is
the southern part of the city of Lyon,
and in St. Etienne, which is about an
hour south by train and is a ville
consisting of about 60% Muslims,
which isn't bad, but when talking to
Muslims about the gospel you just
get the same responses like,
"of course God always called
prophets to deliver a message!"
me-"Exactly! So what wouldn't you
think it would be important to know that
there is a living prophet today?"
"No, no, no! Not possible!
Mohammed was the last prophet!"
You get that one every time.
There are many other cliché
responses such as "there can't
be a prophet. Look at all the wars!"
Me- "Mr., you know there were wars
during the time of Moses with their
captivity in Egypt, with Abraham
and the Assyrians, and even Mohamed
with all the conflicts in the
middle east during that time?"
"Umm... yeah.. still not possible!
Mohammed was the last prophet!"
But they are way nice though, honestly,
and are more open to talk then most
"Christians" so it is all good.
We did caroling in downtown Lyon
which was really fun and surprisingly
effective.

We had 10 missionaries carol the
last night of the Fete de Lumiere
where there were tons of people passing
by and then Friday night in Downtown
Lyon we had 10 missionaries and
2 members singing and then
myself and my trainer, who is
in Lyon but in a different Zone,
stopped people in front of the singing.
I couldn't believe how many people
stopped and listened to us!
Almost everyone!
It was so good!
Speaking of the "Fete de Lumiere,"
it was so amazing and we
need to come back and visit one of
these days! Lyon is so beautiful.

This week should be really good.
I have an exchange with the assistants
to the president here in Lyon on
Wednesday, they do that with the
zone leaders once a transfer,
and then we have a half mission
conference on Thursday here in Lyon
where it will be Christmas music
based along with the implementation of
this next years plan, "Member Lessons,"
where the members receive lessons
we have made.
I am very excited about it.
I hope you have a wonderful week

Elder Clayton Henderson Welch

1 comment:

mamasteph said...

I love that pretty much everyone stopped to listen to them carol! Doesn't he sound like he is having the time of his life?!