Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Happy Fete de Geneve!

My week was great, with a majority of
the time spent working on this upcoming
transfer. To give you a better idea
of what this consists of, I will try
to go through the days.
On Tuesday we started on the general
ideas of what we wanted to do with the
mission, and tried started at the top,
and work down. We started by attempted
to identify my next companion, and then
zone leaders, then trainers, then
district leaders, then senior companions,
and then the rest. Though this system
seems simple, with all the factors that
go into it, it takes time.
We spent about 4 hours working on it on
Tuesday, 4 hours on Thursday, and a
couple of hours on Friday. Its
interesting, the hardest part of it all
was finding my new companion.
We actually went in with a missionary in
mind, and built the transfer around that,
but, to help reassure ourselves, we decide
to fast about it. It is amazing.
The night of our fast, right after my
personal prayer, I turned to my companion
and said, "I have an idea, but I'll tell you
tomorrow." First thing in the morning my
companion wakes up and said, "Elder,
j'ai une idéa, mais, je vais vous dire
pendent nos étude." (the exact same
thing in french) We actually took our
breakfast to go work on it, and as I told
him my "idea," he told me that his was
exactly the same; something we hadn't
even talked about! We went in, told the
mission president, and prayed about
what we had done. We received the
confirming witness that it all came
from God and that this is exactly what
needs to happen in the mission.
It was an amazing experience!
I am so glad to have been apart of it.
Some things that changed are that we
went from 7 zones to only 4 zones. We
actually closed three companionships.
We will be losing 14 missionaries this
transfer and only will receive 9.
With this new transfer, I have received
a new companion. His name is Elder
Sorensen. He is actually from North Ogden,
Utah and went to Weber High, the
same school I would have gone too!
We know tons of the same people; its crazy!
We will serve together actually until
December, unless something changes. I
will stay here as an assistant a little
longer than normal. I am very excited
for this chance I have to serve with Elder
Sorensen!
Other than the transfer, we had a big
BBQ here at the mission home to celebrate
the National Holiday of Switzerland/
Le Fete de Geneve! We talked about the
history of Switzerland and had a lot of
good food together. The four wards from
Geneva came along with 12 investigators.
It was a great time!
This week will be spent with the change
of transfers. Tomorrow we will pick up
the new missionaries from the airport
and spend the whole day with them.
Wednesday we spend more time with them
and train the new missionaries as well as
the trainers and see them off.
Then Thursday we take the missionaries
ending to the airport where I will lose
4 former companions, including my current
companion, Elder Boisserie. I will then
be the senior assistant in the mission.
Thursday and Friday will be spent
getting everything ready for the transfer!

That's funny that you mentioned passing
the sacrament because I actually passed
the sacrament for BOTH sacrament meetings
I attended! Its summer in Europe;
everyone is gone on vacation.
There aren't very many young active
members of the church here in
Europe unfortunately.

It will be a busy week!

1 comment:

mamasteph said...

What a cool spiritual experience for him! And the BBQ sounds really fun! I'm glad he is having so many spiritual highs!